Sunday, July 26, 2009
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Many thanks to all my supportive friends and family! For you, I am forever grateful!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
In your innocence with your love,
Thursday, October 09, 2008
There was a great kids pavilion there this year with fabulous kaleidoscopes just ask Jack, he didn't ever want to leave them.
Shraddha's favorite was the Tree House and the Pirate Ship. It was scary and at time the optical illusion was overwhelming and she would scream and hold my hand. Funny thing is she INSISTED, begged and cried to go back. So we did, with less crying the second time, thankfully.
Police motorcycles are FUN! Shraddha in the mist.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Monday, October 06, 2008
For More complete info see the following sites:
Great Grains for Celiac Sprue / Glucose Intolerance - NetNutritionist.com
Goodbye wheat, hello amaranth, say consumers Alternative grains with higher fiber and protein move into the mainstream - MSNBC.com
Mexico's Grain of the Gods: Cooking with Amaranth - MexConnect.com
Popped Amaranth Cereal Recipe - MyRecipe.com
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Some of our classic favorites Oatmeal toppings are:
- Brown sugar
- Sliced Almonds
- Raisins and dried fruit (blueberries are YUM!)
- Strawberry Jam
- Maple Syrup
But even more fun is:
Spiced Oatmeal for two
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp of Pumkin Pie Spice* (or to taste)
- 1 3/4 cup of water
- Mix it all together in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 5 minutes on 50% power. Sprinkle with some brown sugar and 1/4 cup of soy milk. ENJOY!
*Pumkin Pie Spice is a blend fo cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mace and cloves.
To sneak in some extra nutrition and make it even healthier try:
- 1/4 cup of ground flax - (keep in fridge) mix it in before cooking and add a little more water.
- amaranth - the whole raw seed or ground (mix it in before cooking and water) or popped amaranth sprinkled on top after cooked. More info on why amaranth is so good for you.
- Agave Nectar - by Madhava (not my Madhava LOL) - It is a natural sweetener made from the juice of the Agave plant. This sweetener is more healthy than sugar/honey because of it's low glycemic index. And it's great in tea and on pancakes!
- Popped Amaranth Cereal Receipe - MyReceipe.com
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
It's been a while. I have really searched long and hard for something useful or interesting to say. And whenever I have trouble with that .... it means it's time to start blogging my blessings. Give it a try, it works wonders.
So happy as always for all my friends. IRL and in Twitter-ville. Twitter, it's a blessing no an addiction.... no a blessing LOL!
- And of course, my daughter and the fact that her father and I can adjust to all the changes in our family and keep things amicable just for her.
Peace to you and yours,
3. Blog your Blessings. Make a list of all the things in your life that you are thankful for. Fostering appreciation really does help change your mindset away from complaining. Did you ever find yourself more happy after complaining?
7. Volunteer. That's right focus on someone else. Or plan a party for someone.... focus on cheering someone else up.Where would you like to volunteer? or who would you like to help?
10. Go on a spiritual journey. Whatever that might be for you. And remember you are a spiritual being experiencing a human journey. I love HayHouseRadio.com or HayHouse.com for inspiration from Louise Hay and other inspirational people.How do you fulfill your spiritual needs?
Copy and paste to your blog and pass it along.... after you answer the questions LOL!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
A. attached or single? Attached to my 3 yr old baby girl!
B. best friend? BECKIE everyone should have a Beckie
C. cake or pie?today it would be white cake with sprinkles
D. day of choice? Tuesday and Thursday are Mommy-Baby days … all day!
E. essential item? My cell phone, my laptop, car keys!!
F. favorite color? purple
G. gummy bears or worms? Uh no bovine cartilage for me thanks
H. hometown? Squaw Valley, CA (no not THAT one … the one outside Fresno/Clovis)
I. favorite indulgence? Cheese cake! Any flavor but lima bean.
J. January or July? July! I love hot nights outside! January is too foggy
K. kids? Yep, 2 of them bipedal type and 4 fury quadrupeds
L. life isn't complete without? twitter.com
M. marriage date? October 12th
N. number of brothers & sisters? One younger brother, one half sister, 2 step brothers, and one adopted brother and sister.
O. oranges or apples? Oranges
P. phobias? I’m not beating that drum! But I will keep my space clear of rattle snakes. They have officially been invited to stay outta the yard.
Q. quotes? “Before you speak, THINK - Is it necessary? Is it true? Is it kind? Will it hurt anyone? Will it improve on the silence? Sathya Sai Baba
R. reasons to smile? CHICKENS especially when they run. Just try not to laugh!
S. season of choice? Fall! I love Halloween, it's my Christmas. Dashing thru the leaves on a one horse open pumpkin…
T. tag seven peeps!
U. unknown fact about me? Dr. House rocks the house (did I just rhyme house with house?) KNOWN fact about me..what a dork!
V. vegetable? Mushroom
W. worst habits? Running late.
X. x-ray or ultrasound? Ultrasound as long as there is no probing!
Y. your favorite food? Mexican mmmm Burritos! No carne!
Z. zodiac sign? Scorpio on the cusp of Sagittarius
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
- 1tsp margarine or butter
- 1.25 lbs fresh cherries (pitted or whole), strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or peaches
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 TBS powdered sugar
- 7 TBS flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
2. Spiral Scouts! We love having a spiritually eclectic group of friends all working on earthy projects together. Here is Shraddha with her first Firefly award and award ceremony...
Jack and Shraddha are just pooped out from all the clay play and running around like airplanes. Here they are just enjoying the clouds flying by.
4. Chickens. Yeah, they are counted as a blessing ... maybe not in the same way others count them as blessings.... They are friends not food! Anyway... they are funny! And anything that makes me laugh is a blessing LOL!
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Meet Tiny, our feather footed friend. He just came out this week with his first crowing session! Congrats Tiny on being our FIFTH unexpected rooster LOL! And stay out of my grapes, man! Really seriously, ALL Y'ALL OUTTA MY GRAPES!
Watch Suki kitty try to casually slink by the chickens for a chance to roll in the Wisteria flower petals. We know who's yard it is now... and it isn't the dog yard.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
The water park was a blast! and so were the great times with great friends!
- Thank you Beckie for sending so much positive energy and help my direction. I love all the sites and posts that you send my way but most of all for telling me about co-creating and exposing it to me over and over until it finally sank in.
- Thank you to Hope for being so connected with your own spiritual energy that you can create such meaningful and thought provoking posts. It just amazes me how you post on what I am thinking about and pondering at the moment.
- And thank you to the Universe, GUS (Greater Universal Spirit), God, Goddess, My greater self, __________<----or enter the diety of your choice here.... for the enfolding miracles happening in my life and for all the supportive souls that you have placed in my path.
From Lessons From Womon Gathering by Lady Rose
"Just for today I’m going to rememberI have the power and the wisdom within meto deal with whatever the day brings.I will let go of stress, worry, and angerand let healing and love flow through me.Just for today, one moment to the next.~ Lady Rose
To take care and honor self first, this is essential for all of us so we can do what we were meant to do in life as well as what we want to do each day and in order to nurture our loved ones and the planetAll emotions are welcome and honored within sacred space.I am valued, useful and needed, regardless of age or physical ability.I can laugh and cry and be wholeI am a healerI am safe, loved, nourished and empowered to set my boundaries."