Some of our classic favorites Oatmeal toppings are:
- Brown sugar
- Sliced Almonds
- Raisins and dried fruit (blueberries are YUM!)
- Strawberry Jam
- Maple Syrup
But even more fun is:
Spiced Oatmeal for two
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp of Pumkin Pie Spice* (or to taste)
- 1 3/4 cup of water
- Mix it all together in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 5 minutes on 50% power. Sprinkle with some brown sugar and 1/4 cup of soy milk. ENJOY!
*Pumkin Pie Spice is a blend fo cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mace and cloves.
To sneak in some extra nutrition and make it even healthier try:
- 1/4 cup of ground flax - (keep in fridge) mix it in before cooking and add a little more water.
- amaranth - the whole raw seed or ground (mix it in before cooking and water) or popped amaranth sprinkled on top after cooked. More info on why amaranth is so good for you.
- Agave Nectar - by Madhava (not my Madhava LOL) - It is a natural sweetener made from the juice of the Agave plant. This sweetener is more healthy than sugar/honey because of it's low glycemic index. And it's great in tea and on pancakes!
- Popped Amaranth Cereal Receipe - MyReceipe.com