Thursday, March 01, 2007

Big Bad Beautiful Storm





Ok so we were told it would be a big storm with 55mph winds and 15 inches of snow at 3000 ft. It may have been impassable at 4K ft, but her in Squaw Valley, there wasn't much rain or snow. But the clouds were spectacular!

I was up late Monday
night doing who knows what LOL! and I heard it rain and hail a little then all of a sudden it was deathly quiet outside. I opened the front door and got blasted with a whole face full of snow. I felt like I was in a snow globe. It is just so weird how snow makes no noise.






Just before the storm... Can you spot the Thunderheads?

Here is how it looked after the storm in the early morning before the sun hit the mountains.


So tell me, after seeing this picture, do you still wonder why I want to get up early, or why I want to live WAAAY out here in Squaw Valley and drive so far to work?















No comments: